Roarrrr! Roaring strongly to threaten!
[quote style = “boxed”]
Lion Pose (Simha Vajrasana)
Benefits of Lion Pose (Simha Vajrasana)
- Relieves tension in the chest and face.
- An often-overlooked benefit of Simhasana is that it stimulates the platysma, a flat, thin, rectangular-shaped muscle on the front of the throat. The platysma, when contracted, pulls down on the corners of the mouth and wrinkles the skin of the neck.
- Simhasana helps keep the platysma firm as we age.
- According to traditional texts, Simhasana destroys disease and facilitates the three major bandhas (Mula, Jalandhara, Uddiyana).
How to do Lion Pose (Simha Vajrasana) Yoga Pose
1. Sit down on your heels, slightly moving your chin to your chest
2. Put your hands on your knees
3. Open your mouth wide and stick your tongue out as much as possible
4. Start roaring like a lion[/quote]