It’s one of the most basic pose! The pose is really good for meditation.. 🙂
[quote style = “boxed”]
Padma = Lotus, asana = posture or pose
Pronounced : Pa-dah-maa-sun-aa
Padmasana or Lotus pose is a cross-legged yoga posture which helps deepen meditation by calming the mind and alleviating various physical ailments. A regular practice of this posture aids in overall blossoming of the practitioner, just like a lotus; and hence the name Padmasana.
How to do Padmasana (Lotus pose)
- Sit on the floor or on a mat with legs stretched out in front of you while keeping the spine erect.
- Bend the right knee and place it on the left thigh. Make sure that the sole of the feet point upward and the heel is close to the abdomen.
- Now, repeat the same step with the other leg.
- With both the legs crossed and feet placed on opposite thighs, place your hands on the knees in mudra position.
- Keep the head straight and spine erect.
- Hold and continue with gentle long breaths in and out.